AGAINST ALL ODDS STILL STANDING MISSION TO ZAMBIA (Chongwe) 2017
The vision for the 2017 mission trip: EDUCATE, EQUIP AND EMPOWER.
DAY 1 Mrs Jackson CEO of AOS arrived at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport at 8 pm. She was picked by Grace and Mrs Mutambo.
- Checked into Lusaka Grand Hotel.
- Team meeting about to plan the trip to Chongwe.
DAY 2 The AOS team went to PACRA at 8 am for the registration the organization.
- Bought items to take to Chongwe- Sugar, Box of Crisps, 5 litres Cooking oil, 5kg salt, 20 kg potatoes, 3 cases of soft drinks and 3 cases of water.
- Purchased a Wheelchair.
- The team had a meeting at 7 pm to outline the itinerary for the trip to Chongwe.
DAY 3 Met with Pastor of Bread of Life Church at 8 am.
- Interview at ZNBC at 9 am.
- The team departed for Chongwe at 1:30 pm.
- Arrival in Chongwe at 2:30 pm. The team was well received.
- Lunch and drinks were provided before the meeting commenced.
- The beneficiaries were presented with a sewing machine, 10 hampers, uniforms, 4 tyres, Sugar, Box of Crisps, 5 ltrs Cooking oil, 5kg salt and 2 potato 10kg bags.
- The team left Chongwe at 5:30 pm
- The certificate of Registration of AOS was collected.
DAY 4 Interview at Q Television Network at 7 am
Visited Cheshire Homes. The team presented a beneficiary with a sewing machine.
DAY 5 Departure to Chongwe at 9 am.
The team arrived in Chongwe at 10 am.
- Presentation of 10 Sewing Machines and Vegetables to beneficiaries.
- Personal details of potential beneficiaries were recorded.
- Closing prayer by Pastor Louis.
Visited the Clinic in Chongwe.
The AOS Zambia team had a final meeting to discuss and evaluate the activities.
Mrs Jackson checked out of the hotel at 9 pm and headed to the airport with Sphiwe and Mrs Mutambo.
- Meetings with the team were productive.
- There were shortfalls experienced regarding time keeping and communication
- The interview at ZNBC was not on the itinerary. However, it was successful.
- Some beneficiaries were not present when we arrived. However, they received their respective donations.
- Interview at Qtv and visit to Cheshire homes was successful.
- The expected beneficiaries were not present when we arrived in Chongwe.
- The Person in charge at the clinic was not available hence the donation was not presented.
- There needs to be proper communication within the team in case of sudden changes in the program to facilitate smooth alteration of the plan.
- Need for enhanced communication between the AOS team and the coordinator in Chongwe.
- Visitation of the beneficiaries’ homes is needed for accurate assessment of their needs.
- The team discussed the shortfall experienced and improvements to be made.
- The mission in 2017 was successful for the reason that the beneficiaries were educated, equipped & empowered.